The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Voting again on the same by law change

lr0396

I know if asked this before however i have some additional info for your thoughts.

my original question was -

Once a vote is taken and the results are known, can it be brought back to the body to vote on it agian just becuse the outcome wasn't what was expected?

Here some additionl info for your consideration -

It was brought to the body to approve a by law change to add additional resposibilties to the president's role. The body did not want this and voted no to adding the additional resposibilites. Just becasue the president wanted it, it is being intoduced again.

I know if asked this before however i have some additional info for your thoughts.

my original question was -

Once a vote is taken and the results are known, can it be brought back to the body to vote on it agian just becuse the outcome wasn't what was expected?

Here some additionl info for your consideration -

It was brought to the body to approve a by law change to add additional resposibilties to the president's role. The body did not want this and voted no to adding the additional resposibilites. Just becasue the president wanted it, it is being intoduced again.

Based on the additional information, the answer is still "yes." Given these specific circumstances, the appropriate procedure to follow is for someone to make the motion again. Since this is an amendment to the bylaws, the member will need to follow any previous notice requirements in the bylaws.

Archived