The Official RONR Q & A Forums

President's Resignation

Guest Guest

Our President has resigned with a violent temper in front of not only the board but the entire membership organization.  She then sent out a letter explaining her resignation to all members and the letter was very slanderous to one of the board members.  The Vice President then took it upon herself to not accept her resignation and asked her to stay.  The "president" has decided to return to her original duties.  All of this without the knowledge or a discussion with the board.  Can this happen. Please advise me where in the book I can find this answer as this is becoming time critical.  Thank you for all of your help.

Our President has resigned with a violent temper in front of not only the board but the entire membership organization.  She then sent out a letter explaining her resignation to all members and the letter was very slanderous to one of the board members.  The Vice President then took it upon herself to not accept her resignation and asked her to stay.  The "president" has decided to return to her original duties.  All of this without the knowledge or a discussion with the board.  Can this happen. Please advise me where in the book I can find this answer as this is becoming time critical.  Thank you for all of your help.

See if FAQ#18 answers your question.  http://www.robertsrules.com/faq.html#18

Archived