The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Guest Stan

No member can insist on a vote by ballot, unless your bylaws or special rules of order so specify, which would not be the usual case (except for elections, which are normally required to be by ballot).  The member could make a motion to have the vote taken by a ballot, and such a motion would require a majority vote to adopt. (RONR page 412 l.13 ff)

PS Can a mod please change the subject to be something more informative then "Stan"

No member can insist on a vote by ballot, unless your bylaws or special rules of order so specify, which would not be the usual case (except for elections, which are normally required to be by ballot). 

Also, a member can demand a ballot vote regarding the question of guilt and penalty in a disciplinary proceeding (RONR p. 668 ll. 1-3)

Certainly did not mean to cause a stir.

The field requested "name" so I entered my 

name - how foolish.

I'm completely willing to make this right.

However, since this is the first and likely the 

last time that I'll be visiting RONR I don't

know how.

Instructons woud be appreciated.

Certainly did not mean to cause a stir.

The field requested "name" so I entered my 

name - how foolish.

I'm completely willing to make this right.

However, since this is the first and likely the 

last time that I'll be visiting RONR I don't

know how.

Instructons woud be appreciated.

Don't worry about it Stan, we're just having some fun.  And please do come back whenever you have a question.

At any rate, Stan, got got your question correctly answered (by some of our less snarky participants), so please ask another.

Chances are it will be answered correctly, too.  Just don't put your name in the "Topic Title" box, 'K?

Although you might not actually like the answer  --  that happens, too.

Archived