The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Membership List

Guest Candidate

I am a regular member of a 501 c 3, non-profit organization (Little League).  There is an upcoming election and I would like to distribute (email or regular mail) my resume to the membership (for their review, consideration, and possible vote).

Is the Board required to provide me a list (names, addresses, etc)?

I am a regular member of a 501 c 3, non-profit organization (Little League).  There is an upcoming election and I would like to distribute (email or regular mail) my resume to the membership (for their review, consideration, and possible vote).

Is the Board required to provide me a list (names, addresses, etc)?

No, the board is not required to provide this information unless your rules so provide.

Another way of accomplishing your goal would be to send your information to the person responsible for distributing the ballots and have him send it out to the membership. The board may be more comfortable with that than with giving you the mailing information. RONR briefly discusses this possibility. "Each nominee may be allowed to furnish for enclosure with the ballots a brief factual statement of his service and qualifications, provided that all nominees are accorded equal opportunity and space." (RONR, 11th ed., pg. 424)

Archived