The Official RONR Q & A Forums

fraud motion

colleenm

I am reading the newly RRONR now.  Thanks for the recommendation!

I was reading the minutes again.  I realized and noticed one motion; was never made at the meeting.  It is a fake motion being planted in the minutes; hoping the members will not realize that it is a fake one.

Is there any rules that can be found in the RRONR? I have been reading and looking for this particular one to point out the fraud motion.

Your feedback would be appreciated!  :)

Assuming the minutes have been approved, make a motion to amend them. It takes either a two-thirds vote, the vote of a majority of the entire membership, or, with previous notice, just a majority vote.

If the minutes haven't been approved yet, just offer a correction when they come up for approval. If there's any disagreement you'll need a majority vote.

I'd also want to know who was responsible for placing this "fake" motion in the minutes.

In the future, perhaps the Secretary could/should be reminded/educated that the minutes should reflect what was actually done. In addition, this may be a sign that the draft minutes should be reviewed very thoroughly.

Finally, after corrections are made by or approved by the body, I would request to see a copy of the corrected minutes within a reasonable time for the Secretary to make the required changes.

To make the long story short, there are two groups are deeply divided in our club.  The officers (are a "groupie" hand picked by the president for the rest of the officers: VP, Sec and Treasurer.  these officers are being told by the President what to do and what to put in the minutes. 

The minutes are not approved by the entire membership yet. 

Ok, I will have to point out the motion was never been made a motion; then hopefully the membership will take a vote to agree that it is not a real made "motion"

Archived