The Official RONR Q & A Forums

recommendation of the board to GM

Guest Doris

Hi,

At a recent board meeting regarding a very hot topic, 3 of 4 board members voted in favor of my motion to recommend X to the general assembly at our upcoming general assembly meeting. The president voted against my motion but was out-numbered. As vice president, I would like to proceed and make recommendation X at the upcoming general meeting. The president is telling us this cannot be done as we do not have his approval. I do not see anywhere in RONR where the president has the power to offer his approval. Can you please confirm? I think he is confused regarding his duties. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to October, when his term is up.

Hi,

At a recent board meeting regarding a very hot topic, 3 of 4 board members voted in favor of my motion to recommend X to the general assembly at our upcoming general assembly meeting. The president voted against my motion but was out-numbered. As vice president, I would like to proceed and make recommendation X at the upcoming general meeting. The president is telling us this cannot be done as we do not have his approval. I do not see anywhere in RONR where the president has the power to offer his approval. Can you please confirm? I think he is confused regarding his duties. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to October, when his term is up.

I think the president is confusing the bylaws with the U.S. Constitution.   Presidents according to RONR do not have any veto power whatsoever.  Their one vote (when they cast it) has no more weight than anyone else's

Archived