The Official RONR Q & A Forums

New Business...when can I or should I present?

Guest Tim O!

OK...First, this is a county political party meeting. I am trying to present a resolution (unpopular with the leadership). It will be new business. I am on the agenda to speak re: the topic of my resolution during the "announcements." I haven't publically released my resolution, though I will have copies available prior to our meeting. I want to make sure it is discussed and put into the record. We have not received an agenda in advance, I was just told I was on it. So my questions is this; should I move to be added to the agenda when it up to be approved or just wait until new business to bring the motion to adopt the resolution?

• 6 months later...

OK...First, this is a county political party meeting. I am trying to present a resolution (unpopular with the leadership). It will be new business. I am on the agenda to speak re: the topic of my resolution during the "announcements." I haven't publically released my resolution, though I will have copies available prior to our meeting. I want to make sure it is discussed and put into the record. We have not received an agenda in advance, I was just told I was on it. So my questions is this; should I move to be added to the agenda when it up to be approved or just wait until new business to bring the motion to adopt the resolution?

So far as RONR is concerned, either method is acceptable, but since this is a political party, I would not be surprised if it had its own rules on this subject.

Archived