The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Voting by ballot - run off

Guest court admn

There is no "run-off". All candidates remain on the ballot (unless they choose to withdraw). The assembly could also re-open nominations (perhaps to select a compromise candidate). But with only seven members voting, if any candidate received a majority of the votes (i.e. four or more) he would have won. Or am I missing something here.

With seven members voting, if any candidate received a majority (i.e. four or more votes) there couldn't have been a tie. In other words, the combination of seven votes, a majority, and a tie doesn't seem possible. But perhaps, in your original, you didn't mean "majority" (i.e. more than half)?

Edited to add: The first round of voting could have been for example, 3-3-1, but in that case no candidate received a majority.

• 2 weeks later...

if voting on a consitution change for a church by ballot form, how does the ballots need to be presented ? with the proposed change and then yes or no and how long after the votes are counted do the ballots need to be available in case of question? and who elects who counts ballots thanks 

if voting on a consitution change for a church by ballot form, how does the ballots need to be presented ? with the proposed change and then yes or no and how long after the votes are counted do the ballots need to be available in case of question? and who elects who counts ballots thanks 

Guest cathwilson87, this website forum works best if you post your new question (questions, yes?) as a new topic thread, even though it seems related.  If you would please start a new thread, I expect you'll receive a response in short order.

Archived