The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Amendments to previously approved minutes

Guest Valerie

In March we held a meeting in which the annual budget should have been approved.  It was not but the March minutes were.  In June a verbal approval was received by the majority of board members since our next meeting is not until August. The president of the board has asked that the change be made to the March Minutes to reflect the approval of the budget.  As Secretary, I would like to know if this can be done or if there needs to be a notation in the August minutes reflecting the ommission and the voting results?  I am not sure how this should be correctly documented.

Thank you

The minutes are the official record of what was done at a meeting, not what should have been done but wasn't.

Further, I'm not sure that the "verbal approval" is, as they say, worth the paper it's printed on. In RONR-Land, all decisions take place at (in-person) meetings and I'm assuming the "verbal approval" didn't take place at a meeting (if it did, it will be recorded in the minutes of that meeting). If the budget is approved at the August meeting that fact will be included in the August minutes.

Leave the March minutes alone.

Archived