The Official RONR Q & A Forums

close votes. no ballot available

Guest Sheila

I'm sure in the future you all will make darn sure to print up enough ballots.  :D

How exactly did it happen?  Were the members who didn't have a ballot available told to come back at a certain time for one?  Did they come back at that time and if not how much after that time did they arrive?

If members were improperly denied their right to vote I'd say you have an invalid election. Raise a point of order at the next meeting.

Note: If the ballots already cast have been securely preserved I suppose it's not too late to salvage the election by making sure everyone has the chance to vote.

If members were improperly denied their right to vote I'd say you have an invalid election. Raise a point of order at the next meeting.

I agree. However, I wonder if they were actually denied the right to vote (and hopefully Sheila will come back and answer the question I asked above).  If the members were told to come back at a certain time (let's say 4 PM) and they didn't show until much later (let's say 6 PM) it might be reasonable to argue that the situation would be the same as if the assembly had ordered the polls remain open until 4:15 PM or so and the members were attempting to vote after the polls had closed.

Archived