The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Changes in 2nd edition of RONR In Brief?

Richard Brown

Are there any substantive changes to the 2nd edition of RONR In Brief other than changing the names of the authorship team and changing the page and line citations to RONR to reflect the 11th edition?   I see that both books are 198 pages. 

In doing a very quick side by side scan of the two editions, I just noticed a minor change in the wording of an answer to question 2 about ex-officio members at the bottom of page 113 in the 2nd edition.

I'm wondering what other changes were made.   Anyone?  Dan?  Shmuel?  Burke?

I never noticed any, but by the time I got my copy of the 2nd, I had already given away my last copy of the 1st.  Also the cover on the second looks to me like a bright teal, and I remember the cover of the 1st to have been something like a subdued burnoose.

Are there any substantive changes to the 2nd edition of RONR In Brief other than changing the names of the authorship team and changing the page and line citations to RONR to reflect the 11th edition?   I see that both books are 198 pages. 

In doing a very quick side by side scan of the two editions, I just noticed a minor change in the wording of an answer to question 2 about ex-officio members at the bottom of page 113 in the 2nd edition.

I'm wondering what other changes were made.   Anyone?  Dan?  Shmuel?  Burke?

Yes, there were quite a number of changes made throughout the 2nd Edition of RONRIB.

For example, in reviewing Chapter 13, if you noticed the change in the answer to question 2, you might also have noticed the changes made in the answers to questions 1, 12, 19 and 20 as well.

I will leave it up to you to decide to what extent you regard the various changes made to have been substantive in nature.

Archived