The Official RONR Q & A Forums

does the President interpret bylaws

Tom Morelock

How about a member of the Club, who is not a Board member, who becomes aware of the ruling and the President's (or Board's) ruling violates the Club's by-laws? What would be the process, per RONR, for the member to address this situation.

Two ideas come to mind (and I haven't even had my coffee yet ;) ):

1) The member can contact a Board member and convey his or her concerns.  It would then be up to the Board member to raise a Point of Order at the Board meeting.  Or,

2) The member can raise the Point of Order at a meeting of the General Membership.

How about a member of the Club, who is not a Board member, who becomes aware of the ruling and the President's (or Board's) ruling violates the Club's by-laws? What would be the process, per RONR, for the member to address this situation. bobby101

I haven't been following all of your posts on the subject, bobby101, but I think you are coming close to being banned from posting to the forum if you persist in asking the same question over and over and over and over again, especially if you do it in other people's topics.

Mr Gerber: I hope you'll excuse me if I seem to be asking the same question over and over. When I see posts that seem to address issues that I've already raised, but from a different perspective, I'm trying to understand them by asking the experts to clarify so I can understand them. Perhaps the almost 3 years I've spent in trying to address issues at our Club where the Board(s) have 1- clearly violated the by-laws, 2-sanctioned members, 3- pay no attention to the fact that these actions are null and void per RONR, and 4- can result in our losing our 501© status, and subject themselves and our membership to legal action is having an effect. My inquiries, repetitive as they may appear to you, are efforts to gain insight in RONR and the situations I read in the Forum, to strengthen and support the case I make to our membership. Your experience, knowledge, and insight I find very helpful; I hope to continue to be part of the Forum and, again, apologize and hope you will not ban me from this activity. Thank you, bobby101

Archived