The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Time limit of speeches: extending

bobby101

Gentlemen: Interesting topic so far. Let me pose a different aspect of the time limit question. I have besieged this Forum for the better part  of 2 years with my issues of our Board who has clearly violated the by-laws, sanctioned members,  and refuses to acknowledge their actions. I'm just about at the point of petitioning for a Special Meeting in accordance with our by-laws. Since I will be the lead petitioner-as well as the person most familiar with the Board's actions and violations as well as the Club's by-laws, may I petition the Presiding Officer to go beyond the 10 minute limit? And is this the kind of agreement ( if the Presiding Officer says OK) that the assembled members would have to approve? The reality is that I alone am aware of all the aspects of the situation and can present it to the membership in a logical and coherent fashion.  Doing it in 10 minutes would be extremely difficult! This is not my ego speaking, it's the reality of our Club and the organized opposition from a majority of the current Board ( which is composed of several members of the Boards that violated our by-laws) that I expect to encounter. The only other option I can see ( if I cannot go beyond the 10 minute limit) would be to enlist and familiarize several other supporters of my efforts with the necessary facts to communicate the violations to the assembly--that's a big job. Like to hear your thoughts. bobby101

Gentlemen: Interesting topic so far. Let me pose a different aspect of the time limit question. . . .  Like to hear your thoughts. bobby101

My thought is that you should start a new topic if you want to pose a "different aspect".

And stop "signing" your posts, "bobby101". We know who you are.

Archived