The Official RONR Q & A Forums

actions violating by-laws are null and void

bobby101

Mr. Stackpole: To your post 4 above. At my appeal hearing (a properly called meeting of the Board to hear my appeal) before the Board which was sanctioning me, I made this point and got no reaction or recognition from the Board as to its applicability to my situation. 

Do your bylaws actually grant the board the power to sanction non-board members?  Since board is a subordinate body to the membership, that would surprise me.  

To Mr. Stackpole: Yes, unfortunate is one of the words you can use but we've had 4 years of this kind of behavior (as the Vice President and then President) of not just doing things improperly but also violating the Club's by-laws as I've outlined in my various posts over the past 32 months. And, to Gary: Yes, per our by-laws the Board has the ability to sanction members of the Club if members are found in violations of the by-laws and for other kinds of behavior. My problem has been trying to drum up support to sanction the Board for their violation of our by-laws. Too many Timid Tommies and Scared Sallys.

Archived