The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Behavior Unbecoming a Board Director?

Guest Lost

I'm not sure this topic is covered in Robert's Rules, but I've heard it mentioned before that although something may not be expressly against the rules of decorum, for example, that a certain action or behavior might be considered 'unbecoming'.

Can anyone point me towards a source that could outline the details of such unbecoming behavior, and how it might apply to a fiduciary such as an HOA board member/director?

Thank you! :)

I  guess your best bet is Chapter 20.  It doesn't actually list types of "unbecoming behavior" (deciding what is "unbecoming" will be up to your association), except in a few examples.  It does deal with what to do about it.

It is also kinda heavy going and may be overkill in your case (but only you can be the judge of that).

I have a similar concern.  Board member calling another board member and letting them know in no uncertain terms that if they don't vote in favor of one item, then guarantees that another item on agenda will be devoted down by a 3-3 decision.  is this more of a legal issue.  Same board member, during

discussion at board meeting, tells the newly elected president to "shut up". President tells her that she is out of order.  Was this only recourse

Archived