The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Being dismissed from the American Legion, the honor guard and ladies auxiliary

Guest Jill Fisher

[The eboard] will not hear me and told me I am not longer allowed on their property and kicked me out of the honor guard. I am a paid member of the ladies auxiliary and been in the honor guard about 2 years. I have received no written notice of anything. How can they do this to me. I also volunteer to clean the ladies bingo hall twice a week, now I'm not allowed to do that either. I'm atva loss of what to do. Can anyone help me??

Jill Fisher

Thanking you in advance for any help.

Note: This message has been edited by the moderator to remove some irrelevant details, including location and phone number.

Check your bylaws to see what they have to say about disciplinary procedures. If they are silent, see Ch. XX of RONR. In any event, since you are currently barred from the property (properly or not), it seems you will need someone else to speak on your behalf. Considering how severe the claim is, it may also be prudent to seek legal advice.

Note: This message has been edited by the moderator to remove the quote of the original poster's message.

Archived