The Official RONR Q & A Forums

special rule of order

Guest sue

To use a consent agenda it says a special rule of order astonishing a consent agenda may provide that, when the matters on the calendar or called up they may be considered in gross or without debate or amendment. Does this mean that a vote must be taken with the membership to allow for a Consent Agenda to be used. I'm not quite certain what a special rule of order is.

To use a consent agenda it says a special rule of order astonishing a consent agenda may provide that, when the matters on the calendar or called up they may be considered in gross or without debate or amendment. Does this mean that a vote must be taken with the membership to allow for a Consent Agenda to be used. I'm not quite certain what a special rule of order is.

I think the simplest way to describe a special rule of order is that it is an adopted motion that describes a procedure to be followed in conducting business that is different from the procedure described in RONR. If there is no special rule of order regarding a consent agenda, then items on this agenda would be handled like any other item of business.

Archived