The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Was this improper

alf400

At a recent association meeting I observed and heard a Board member coaching and telling another Board member which way to vote. This occurred during debate after a proper motion and second was made. Is there anything in the rules that addresses this conduct? If so where and if not, all opinions on this are appreciated.

At a recent association meeting I observed and heard a Board member coaching and telling another Board member which way to vote. This occurred during debate after a proper motion and second was made. Is there anything in the rules that addresses this conduct? If so where and if not, all opinions on this are appreciated.

This violates no rule in RONR. 

At a recent association meeting I observed and heard a Board member coaching and telling another Board member which way to vote. 

Was this a meeting of the (general membership) of the association or a meeting of the board?

It's not especially relevant to the question at hand but it's important to be aware of the distinction.

Perhaps you're conflating this Discussion Forum with the old Question & Answer Forum.

What on earth is that supposed to mean? Calling this the "RONR Discussion Forum" doesn't mean we're supposed to discuss every word of every post regardless of whether it helps clarify the question asked.

Archived