The Official RONR Q & A Forums

chairman of the board

Guest james

I see i nthe FAQ's that the president is a voting member. Our club has a board of directors, and the COB runs the board meetings. It has always been our understanding that the Chair is not considered a voting member and does not count toward the qurom, but could vote in the case of a tie. We have a nine member board counting the COB. We have always had  five (not counting COB) as our quorom, nad as i said the COB does not vote except to break a tie. can the COB vote? does the COB count toward a Quorom? we have no rule in our by-laws, but they do state that were there is no By-law Robert's rule will apply... Thank you for any help.

I see i nthe FAQ's that the president is a voting member. Our club has a board of directors, and the COB runs the board meetings. It has always been our understanding that the Chair is not considered a voting member and does not count toward the qurom, but could vote in the case of a tie. We have a nine member board counting the COB. We have always had  five (not counting COB) as our quorom, nad as i said the COB does not vote except to break a tie. can the COB vote? does the COB count toward a Quorom? we have no rule in our by-laws, but they do state that were there is no By-law Robert's rule will apply... Thank you for any help.

How is the Chairman of the Board selected or elected?

Is the Chairman of the Board chosen from the existing member of the Board?

It does not matter, in my opinion, what your understanding has always been; what matters (or should matter) is what your governing documents state.

Archived