The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Future Agenda Items

Guest yalex00

At our last meeting, our Board requested information on a specific subject. We were not able to obtain any of the information yet, so we did not add it to the next board agenda, as there is nothing to report. One of our Board Member's claims that this is a violation of Robert's Rules of Order. I do not see how he is coming to that conclusion. Any information on where I could look for something like that?

And who is this "we" and what is "our" relationship to the board? 

10 hours ago, Guest yalex00 said:

At our last meeting, our Board requested information on a specific subject. We were not able to obtain any of the information yet, so we did not add it to the next board agenda, as there is nothing to report. One of our Board Member's claims that this is a violation of Robert's Rules of Order. I do not see how he is coming to that conclusion. Any information on where I could look for something like that?

It is up to the  person who makes the claim to supply the citation.   If it violates RONR, he should be able to supply the page and line number where the rule can be found.

I'll bet nobody here can see how he is coming to that conclusion either.  So it doesn't matter where you look for something like that, you won't be able to find it.  And more to the point, neither will he.

Archived