The Official RONR Q & A Forums

amendments

standing tall

First of I'd like say hello,thank everyone in advance for their answers comment's. I new to this site . i have questions in regards to my local union.. We members use to go each morning to our local wait for jobs be called out ,we are still a hiring hall A few years ago a new system was put in place of calling members on phone instead of sitting at the hall , can a motion be made bring the old way back under past practice and how is this achieved ?? As I am running for BA this is something all members want brought baxk

During the tenure of last BA,not current one,the current business agent holds seat due to "steve" leaving for international job ...WE ARE A MESS HERE !! ..we have been told that international  changed system ? if that's true how are we still a " Hiring hall" I know that term ,def H H dispataches employers/ companies  workers .. Phone system is easily manipulated what I'm getting at ..even if international changed it can't we change it back due to past practice??

3 hours ago, standing tall said:

During the tenure of last BA,not current one,the current business agent holds seat due to "steve" leaving for international job ...WE ARE A MESS HERE !! ..we have been told that international  changed system ? if that's true how are we still a " Hiring hall" I know that term ,def H H dispataches employers/ companies  workers .. Phone system is easily manipulated what I'm getting at ..even if international changed it can't we change it back due to past practice??

If it is true that the international organization changed the system, then it seems to me you'll need to speak with a representative of the international organization to determine how (or if) your organization can change back to the old system.

Archived