The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Meeting leaders

Janmccand

24 minutes ago, Janmccand said:

Camera people leading the meeting who are supposed to be unbiased be waving the petition in front of voting faces and people telling them it's one thing when the petition is not can they voice their opinion's

I'm not sure of what is being described here. What body is meeting? Who are "camera people"? Who are the "people telling them"? Are they members of the body that is meeting?

Janmccand, you are obviously more familiar with the way your organization runs its meetings than any of us posters, here on the Robert's Rules website forum, can possibly be.  That's why the three posters who have already chimed in, weren't able to help much.

I'm going to take a stab in the dark, and point out that, generally, yes, meetings are supposed to be where people can voice their opinions.  If you can tell us more about this organization, and maybe about this meeting in particular, we'll be better able to knowledgeably advise you.

7 hours ago, Janmccand said:

Camera people leading the meeting who are supposed to be unbiased be waving the petition in front of voting faces and people telling them it's one thing when the petition is not can they voice their opinion's

don't you find that unpunctuated run-on sentences are hard to read especially when we don't know who they are and don't know what a petition has to do with anything and then you change the subject from an issue of petitions to an issue of voicing one's opinions or are you questioning the bias of the people who are leading the meeting so what topic of the many topics in your run-on unpunctuated post do you want an answer from us on

Guest Who's Coming to Dinner
10 hours ago, Weldon Merritt said:

I don't always agree withg Kim, but I think he was making a good point by illustrartion of the problem with the OP's post.. I certainly agree that it is pretty much impossible toi tell what the OP's concern is.

It's less than kind to treat a complete stranger as if (s)he were an errant child in need of correction. And that is why I will not point out your three spelling errors and extraneous punctuation mark. ;)

10 minutes ago, Guest Who's Coming to Dinner said:

It's less than kind to treat a complete stranger as if (s)he were an errant child in need of correction. And that is why I will not point out your three spelling errors and extraneous punctuation mark. ;)

Thanks, I was working up to that.

Comparing a couple of minor spelling and typographical errors to a completely nonsensical paragraph is like comparing exceeding the speed limit by 5 mph to going on a killing rampage. I guess, though, that a couple of you are so perfect that you have never made such mistakes and that you certainly won't make any in this forum in the future. ?

7 hours ago, Guest Who's Coming to Dinner said:

6 hours ago, Richard Brown said:

Comparing a couple of minor spelling and typographical errors to a completely nonsensical paragraph is like comparing exceeding the speed limit by 5 mph to going on a killing rampage. I guess, though, that a couple of you are so perfect that you have never made such mistakes and that you certainly won't make any in this forum in the future. ?

Let's please adjourn this to the About The Message Board forum.  It needs airing, but this is not the place.

42 minutes ago, Gary c Tesser said:

Let's please adjourn this to the About The Message Board forum.  It needs airing, but this is not the place.

(Janmccand, if perhaps you're still reading here, you need not bother looking at that other forum, that's just me intending to argue with the other posters about postings.  But if you could please write again and clarify your opening post here, that would really help.)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.