The Official RONR Q & A Forums

President of LPMC

Guest Jerry Salvatore

Guest Jerry Salvatore

I received a letter of resignation from my VP. Resignation letter was read at my general meeting, but not voted on for acceptance. There is no provision in our by - laws stating that this resignation must be accepted without  a vote. After a reconsideration, my VP would like to remain until our officer elections. As President, what are my obligations to our association/club ? Myself, as well as my secretary and treasurer want the VP to remain.

Since the issue of his resignation was placed before the assembly (even though not voted on), the VP is NOT free to withdraw his request to resign on his own.  The question has to be resolved by the assembly.

And I suppose the VP is still in office until the resignation is accepted (or not accepted).

4 minutes ago, jstackpo said:

Since the issue of his resignation was placed before the assembly (even though not voted on), the VP is NOT free to withdraw his request to resign on his own.  The question has to be resolved by the assembly.

And I suppose the VP is still in office until the resignation is accepted (or not accepted).

John, he just said it was read. He didn't say anything about a motion/second/placed before the assembly in the facts provided in post #1.  But it would be good to know, Guest Jerry, exactly what happened?  Was a motion made to accept it?  Did you place it before the assembly for consideration if there was?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.