The Official RONR Q & A Forums

special meeting

Guest Linda J

I'm not sure what your situation is or what you are asking. RONR says nothing about  "petitions" for special meetings or "acknowledging" petitions.

I assume your bylaws provide for a certain number of members to request a special meeting by petition. Special meetings can be called only in the manner and by the persons designated in the by-laws. Since this appears to be a customized rule of your organization, your organization itself will have to determine what is a reasonable amount of time for the responsible officer to act after receiving a request or petition for a special meeting.

If this did not address your question, please try restarting it.

44 minutes ago, Richard Brown said:

I'm not sure what your situation is or what you are asking. RONR says nothing about  "petitions" for special meetings or "acknowledging" petitions.

I assume your bylaws provide for a certain number of members to request a special meeting by petition. Special meetings can be called only in the manner and by the persons designated in the by-laws. Since this appears to be a customized rule of your organization, your organization itself will have to determine what is a reasonable amount of time for the responsible officer to act after receiving a request or petition for a special meeting.

If this did not address your question, please try restarting it.

Thank you! I think a reasonable amount of time is the answer I was looking for.

14 hours ago, Guest Linda J said:

Thank you! I think a reasonable amount of time is the answer I was looking for.

Speaking for no one but myslef, although probably many** (or some) will agree, please let us know what happened.

Maybe the word should just be "some," since the entire complement of the doughty intrepid regulars on this, the world's premiere Internet parliamentary forum, cannot plausibly be assessed as ""many,"  let alone some partial fraction of us.

On 12/23/2016 at 10:54 AM, George Mervosh said:

Would it be a bluntly incivil act to point out a problem here? ;)

As a registered lowbrow thug, incivility is my bread and butter, so what's the problem?

________

Uh oh, a grammatical error now.  And just as I was getting over civility.

11 hours ago, Gary c Tesser said:

As a registered lowbrow thug, incivility is my bread and butter, so what's the problem?

________

Uh oh, a grammatical error now.  And just as I was getting over civility.

What grammatical error? Incivility is a lowbrow thug too.

And I believe the error that George was referring to was the spelling of "myself," but he ought to know by now that you like to spell it "myslef." (And that you ignore the spell checker because there's no way it can keep up with you anyway.)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.