The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Remuneration of A Board Director

Daniel

Hello Everyone,

I have attached the except from the bylaws of an organization I belong to. In regards to remuneration of a Board Director, if the director is a trainer that provides a service for the organization and has been ratified by the Board, does this vote need to be done annually? 

Thanks in advance

Daniel

Renumeration Bylaw.docx

Thank you for the replies. If the Board sees this as an issue, would the proper course of action be to re-word the bylaw so it reflects a true and proper intent? A second portion of this question would be - if the trainer/board director was ratified prior to the bylaw amendment, would it become retroactive? Would the said trainer/director need to be ratified under the new bylaw amendment?

Thanks again in advance!

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Thank you for the replies. If the Board sees this as an issue, would the proper course of action be to re-word the bylaw so it reflects a true and proper intent? A second portion of this question would be - if the trainer/board director was ratified prior to the bylaw amendment, would it become retroactive? Would the said trainer/director need to be ratified under the new bylaw amendment?

Thanks again in advance!

It seems that, as posted, your organization needs to interpret the Bylaw provision. One (of several) ways to proceed is (perhaps my motion or resolution) interpret the current bylaws that the annual renewal is not required (which means current and previous payments are OK), but that the current bylaw might be interpreted differently and you, therefore wish to amend the bylaws with clearer wording.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.