The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Election Nomination

RobertJ

Well, as previously noted, your elections are governed in almost every respect by your association's bylaws, special rules of order, and applicable law, so that pursuing this further is something which we probably ought not do here in this forum.

However, I'm curious about a number of things, one of which is this. Let's assume that only three members submit a "Declaration of Candidacy" form 40 days before the Annual Meeting. Am I correct in assuming that the ballot mailed out to members will list the names of these three nominees, and that members will be instructed that they may cast up to 7 votes (not just 3), all of which may be cast for one nominee or divided among the three nominees in any way they wish?

Four members submitted a declaration of candidacy form and those four names are on the ballot that was mailed out.  The ballot states that there are seven positions to be filled. There are also some blank lines for any writein candidates which of course would have to be nominated from the floor at the Annual Meeting.  Included in the mailing are instructions regarding cumulative voting - that each member can cast seven votes for any or all of the candidates.  I don't have access to the ballot form presently so I can't now quote the exact wording.

Agreed, I would like to limit any discussion on this forum to discussion pertaining specifically to Roberts Rules of Order.

Thank you all again for your responses.

10 minutes ago, RobertJ said:

Four members submitted a declaration of candidacy form and those four names are on the ballot that was mailed out.  The ballot states that there are seven positions to be filled. There are also some blank lines for any writein candidates which of course would have to be nominated from the floor at the Annual Meeting.  Included in the mailing are instructions regarding cumulative voting - that each member can cast seven votes for any or all of the candidates.  I don't have access to the ballot form presently so I can't now quote the exact wording.

Agreed, I would like to limit any discussion on this forum to discussion pertaining specifically to Roberts Rules of Order.

Thank you all again for your responses.

And thank you for yours. I sincerely hope that all goes well at your meeting in March.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.