The Official RONR Q & A Forums

REMOVAL OF A BOARD MEMBER OR THE ENTIRE BOARD

Guest stone

My question is complex because it does not seem to be covered anywhere .... Im sure intentionally by our existing bylaws to allow the misconduct to continue un apposed but I do not see anything in Roberts rules about the removal of the entire board  for gross misconduct. How does the membership vote the board out? what is the procedure for the membership to take action against the entire board? president  vice president secretary and the rest.  

thought the misconduct has been clearly established and proven the board refuses to take necessary disciplinary actions..... what can the membership do?

Guest remove entire board
3 hours ago, Gary Novosielski said:

See if your answer is found in FAQ#20.

And if not, add your questions to this thread 

.My question is complex because it does not seem to be covered anywhere .... Im sure intentionally by our existing bylaws to allow the misconduct to continue un apposed but I do not see anything in Roberts rules about the removal of the entire board  for gross misconduct. How does the membership vote the board out? what is the procedure for the membership to take action against the entire board? president  vice president secretary and the rest.  

thank you, I will go and see what additional information I can find. My problem is that it is the entire board that must go because of the gross misconduct and the failure of the others to take appropriate action.

On 2/6/2017 at 7:39 PM, Guest remove entire board said:

thank you, I will go and see what additional information I can find. My problem is that it is the entire board that must go because of the gross misconduct and the failure of the others to take appropriate action.

I believe that the information in FAQ#20 would likely be applicable, even if it had to be applied multiple times.  The procedures in RONR at least, are written from the point of view of charging individuals, and protecting the rights of individuals.  But nothing prevents the charges from being brought against multiple individuals.

I am not certain, but I believe that in the case of an entire board, the names of all the individuals could be included in  single motion, but I think this motion could be divided on the demand of a single member--most likely one of those charged, if he wished to distance himself from the actions of the remaining members, or for some other reason wished to present a different defense.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.