The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Form and Example For Filling a Blank and Reconsider and Enter in the Minutes

parkourninja

Could someone please provide an example for what should be said when filling a blank and for the motion to reconsider and enter in the minutes. I find the examples in RONR 11ed. to be somewhat limited.

For the filling a blank example, If the motion were pending to "purchase a printer not to exceed $300" and the a member moved to strike out $300 and create a blank, what would the subsequent wording be?

For a member to move that a blank to be created, they could say "I move to strike $300 and fill in the blank" or something else that makes it clear that they want to use the blank-filling procedure.

For the motion to Reconsider and Enter in the Minutes, they would say something like "I move to reconsider the motion to <X> and enter it in the minutes."

25 minutes ago, Hieu H. Huynh said:

See RONR 11th ed., tinted p. 32, number 21.

18 minutes ago, Hieu H. Huynh said:

See RONR 11th ed., p. 334, l. 32.

Both of those only cover making the motion itself, but not how the chair repeats the motion, puts the motion etc... and for blanks how the chair asks for blanks and how the members offer them. There is an example given on pages 178-179 in conjunction with a motion to refer but that includes wording when two variables were already suggested.

So I am looking for something like page 208 where it includes what the chair says. I know a lot of this might seem somewhat obvious as the chair generally says the same thing but there can be minute differences in wording (for example the previous question is phrased: the previous question is moved and seconded... rather than it is moved and seconded that...") so you can see why I was hoping for a thorough outline.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.