The Official RONR Q & A Forums

apruitt89

Hi there, 

I'm in the process of writing our nonprofits bylaws.  We are a 501c3 public charity. I have a question regarding Membership. What is it? Who's considered a member? And does it need to be included in our bylaws? From what I understand, a member comprises the members of the board of directors. These individuals pay dues to be on the board. 

11 minutes ago, apruitt89 said:

Hi there, 

I'm in the process of writing our nonprofits bylaws.  We are a 501c3 public charity. I have a question regarding Membership. What is it? Who's considered a member? And does it need to be included in our bylaws? From what I understand, a member comprises the members of the board of directors. These individuals pay dues to be on the board. 

I find this rather surprising, to say the least.

There must be an organizing document which created your trust, or articles of incorporation which created your corporation, or articles of association which created your association (whichever one your organization is). Have you read it? Have you asked whoever it is who asked you to write the bylaws?

You certainly aren't going to find the answer in Robert's Rules of Order.

2 hours ago, apruitt89 said:

Hi there,

If your organization is an approved 501c3 public charity, what do/did you have (as far as the organization) as the details of the organization when it was approved for that status?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.