The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Can the board bring charges against a member?

Char

Hello, our bylaws address a member bringing charges against another member. At the time the member presents the charges to the board a fee of $50 is paid and then the board decides if they will hold jurisdiction of the charges. 

What if the board wishes to bring charges against a member? The member failed to return club property within the timeline allotted by the bylaws. In this circumstance it's a secretary that quit abruptly and the board accepted her resignation. I've studied the section of the book on disciplinary actions. Everything makes sense after the charges are brought, however I can't find anything that says that the board can bring the charges. What am I missing? 

Your say your society has bylaws addressing how to bring charges, so you will have to be the judge on how that meshes up with what is in Section 63 in RONR 11th.  But in the end the action must be started by a member, perhaps one of the board members, maybe you?   Most likely a member will have to make a motion offering charges, something like what is done on page 657 ll 5-17.   

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.