The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Conducting a meeting

pjag

11 hours ago, pjag said:

What is the rule to handle a committee member who criticizes another member during a meeting?

9 hours ago, Hieu H. Huynh said:

See RONR 11th ed., p. 501, ll. 14-26.

You're confident pjag has a copy of the 11th edition of RONR?  :)

pjag, do you have a copy of it?

Just now, Daniel H. Honemann said:

Can't we assume that anyone posting in the Advanced Discussion Forum would at least have a copy of the book?  :)

Based on a lot of the questions I've seen posted here, many of which get moved to the general discussion forum, I would say that we should not be making such an assumption unless it is a regular poster. :wacko:

On 8/23/2017 at 9:09 AM, Daniel H. Honemann said:

Can't we assume that anyone posting in the Advanced Discussion Forum would at least have a copy of the book?  :)

Yer such a pollyanna!

You think you know how to pronounce "pjag", just 'cause you spent part of the previous millennium (or however parliamentarians and other college graduates spelled it in the Millenium Edition * ) in Korea and got fluent in the language, huh?!??

(I'll help.  Listen, pjag:  Keepo' ingfa udu.

(That's Klingon for "Nine-year-old boy, take your bath now."  I figure to get to common ground with common sentiments.  It's why I voted for Donald Trump last November.)

*No, George, I'm not gonna let it go, it's a running gag.  Or a funny-always, as Heinlein characterised the quality in "The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress," 1966; or maybe it's just my OCD.

Edited by Gary c Tesser
Inserted technically improper spaces around the asterisk, because in this sans-serif font it's easiy overlooked; and I advise the same to others. And we should encourage using the metric system, after all, we're parliamentarians (and aspiring parliament)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.