The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Approval of minutes with no changes

Guest Jerry

Jerry Havens, these guys have got it cockeyed (or haywire, I forget which is which).  If you only vote if there are corrections to vote on, and there are no corrections to vote on, then you can't vote (Q. E. D., eh Doc?), and if you can't vote, obviously there is no way you can accept the minutes.  (These college graduates talk themselves into knots.)  The minutes have to be kept into abeyance until someone can find an error to correct.  It's never hard, nothing's perfect.  For example, my biker club wanted to buy dancing shoes for our school booster-club uniforms, and we were 45 minutes hunting the next meeting for a correction, when triumphantly someone proclaimed that the minutes claimed that the motion to buy teal shoes had been amended to "chartreuse," but the proposed amendment had failed, which was a relief because we could then vote to correct the minutes and because now nobody had to find out what either word means.

See?  Not so complicated after all.

1 hour ago, Gary c Tesser said:

Jerry Havens, these guys have got it cockeyed (or haywire, I forget which is which).  If you only vote if there are corrections to vote on, and there are no corrections to vote on, then you can't vote (Q. E. D., eh Doc?), and if you can't vote, obviously there is no way you can accept the minutes.  (These college graduates talk themselves into knots.)  The minutes have to be kept into abeyance until someone can find an error to correct.  It's never hard, nothing's perfect.  For example, my biker club wanted to buy dancing shoes for our school booster-club uniforms, and we were 45 minutes hunting the next meeting for a correction, when triumphantly someone proclaimed that the minutes claimed that the motion to buy teal shoes had been amended to "chartreuse," but the proposed amendment had failed, which was a relief because we could then vote to correct the minutes and because now nobody had to find out what either word means.

See?  Not so complicated after all.

This explanation? No, not complicated at all, just utter nonsense.  :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.