The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Disciplinary process

michael luma

13 minutes ago, michael luma said:

In RRO, " Fair Disciplinary Process" pg. 657 it refers to a resolution being offered to appoint an investigating committee.  Does a vote take place by the Board after the resolution is offered, or can one person move such action?

I'm not quite clear on what you are asking, but...

Any individual member may offer a motion ("I move that...") but the investigating committee won't be established unless the motion to do so is adopted.  I see no reference to "the Board" on page 657; the Board has no part in forming such a committee, unless your bylaws give it that power.  Is there a provision in your bylaws that you haven't told us about?

14 minutes ago, michael luma said:

In RRO, " Fair Disciplinary Process" pg. 657 it refers to a resolution being offered to appoint an investigating committee.  Does a vote take place by the Board after the resolution is offered, or can one person move such action?

I think perhaps not the board, but rather the membership.

19 minutes ago, michael luma said:

The Board is a Board of Directors who conduct the business of the organization.

Guest Who's Coming to Dinner

The board may appoint an investigating committee if it has the power, per your bylaws, to discipline members. Otherwise, it may recommend such an action to the membership at large, but it is the membership's right and responsibility to proceed.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.