Jump to content
The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Replacing an elected officer

Guest Linda D

Recommended Posts

It depends on what your bylaws say.  They often contain rules on how to fill vacancies.

The body (person, board, membership) authorized to fill the vacancy is also authorized to accept the resignation of the departing officer, which should be formally done.

If the bylaws say that the board is in charge of the affairs of the society between meetings of the membership, then the board may do these things.

If the bylaws are silent, then a special election (with prior notice) may be held.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...