The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Director Title Required

Guest JoeN

On an official recall ballot for FL-HOA, does directors name need to listed along with title held on ballot?

Further is it necessary once Notice of Board Meeting to remove directors per an official recall goes out should it list named directors or should it have name & title held listed for replacement on meeting notice?

It’s a President & Vice President 

This sounds as though it is basically a legal question to be answered by a FL lawyer acquainted with the FL HOA laws.

However, if RONR is the applicable set of rules for removal of officers (I presume that is what is meant by a "recall"), check page 574 to see whether it would be a difficult task or not.  It depends on the exact wording of your HOA Bylaws.

1 hour ago, Guest JoeN said:

On an official recall ballot for FL-HOA, does directors name need to listed along with title held on ballot?

Further is it necessary once Notice of Board Meeting to remove directors per an official recall goes out should it list named directors or should it have name & title held listed for replacement on meeting notice?

It’s a President & Vice President 

I am not sure the rules in RONR will be helpful at all here, as this procedure does not seem to match anything in RONR. As I understand the facts, this recall (if adopted) will have the effect both of removing the officers and electing their successors (and with only one choice for the successor). Under RONR, this would require two separate votes, and members would be free to vote for any eligible candidate for the successor.

I think your organization will need to interpret its own rules, or consult an attorney if this process is instead found in applicable law.

Edited by Josh Martin

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.