The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Asking boe chair for explanation on contradictory statements

Guest Frustrated

Long story short....

BOE decided to close a elementary school at the end of this year.....without any plan of action moving forward and maxing out the remaining 4 schools.   They also are redistricting the town. Which looks to be nothing more than "Gerrymandering".   

Lot more...but I'll get to the point   

The Boe chair stated that to include the publics input, that surveys would be sent last spring '17...   the boe chair then was quoted this week in the paper stating  "they sent thousands of surveys out to parents and only recieved 30 responses".  Feeling the public showed little interest in participating    

Now, From a boe meeting i have in November on video,,, I have them admitting that no surveys had ever been sent....   it's an obvious lie, and shaming us as too lazy to do a survey   

Her responce to me was that "sometimes papers mischaracterize quotes". Then rambled on on how tireless she has worked on the process.  Again ignoring my question.  

Since BOE members can only become involved if the chair allows.(not going to happen)    what course of action do I have as a citizen, to at the very least get an honest answer from her.  

Sorry.  Long story for a likely short answer🙄

Guest Frustrated, are you a member of this Board of Education? If so, you probably have some options available. If not, and you are just a member of the public attending board meetings, your options are quite likely limited to just complaining and trying to make the public aware of what is going on.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.