The Official RONR Q & A Forums
Guest eddie

being a duel member and holding a office in both org.

Guest eddie

I would like to know if its legal for a duel member SAL and ALR who holds a president or commander in one org. to hold another office in the other org. ?

What is an "SAL"?  What is an "ALR"?

RONR has no restrictions whatsoever on members belonging to more than one organization or holding offices in more than one. 

If there is some relationship between the two organizations you speak of, it would be helpful if you would tell us just what that relationship is.

Guest Eddie

SAL is Sons of American Legion,ALR is American Legion Riders <in order to be in the ALR you have to be a legion member already such as the SAL.

Guest Who's Coming to Dinner

Nor does RONR prohibit duels, but they are still not recommended.

While I'm not familiar with either of those two groups, if I'm correct in assuming that they are both auxiliary organizations of the American Legion, I would think that any prohibitions to duel memberships would be a matter covered under their national by-laws.  I know that the national by-laws of our organization does not permit members from holding two elected offices at the same time.  However, that is in relation to their membership in one organization and not subsidiary units.  

On 3/19/2018 at 9:42 PM, Guest Who's Coming to Dinner said:

Nor does RONR prohibit duels, but they are still not recommended.

I think this hinges on whether the State law against duelling is deemed to be in the nature of a rule of order.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.