The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Multi-day Vote

ParliamentaryBuff

Our bylaws state that for votes where the cost is in excess of a certain amount, there must be a second opportunity to vote for members who were working during the meeting (we do shift work so there will always be members working). Such a vote is coming up and I have not found anything in RONR helpful in determining how to actually do this and it hasn’t happened in recent memory. My major concern is that members could attend both meetings and have their vote counted twice. I was thinking a roll call or ballot vote would prevent that but wanted some input before we move ahead. Thanks

1 hour ago, SeanDeNigris said:

Such a vote is coming up and I have not found anything in RONR helpful in determining how to actually do this

And you won’t find anything, since RONR has nothing like this procedure.

1 hour ago, SeanDeNigris said:

My major concern is that members could attend both meetings and have their vote counted twice. I was thinking a roll call or ballot vote would prevent that but wanted some input before we move ahead. Thanks

A roll call vote would certainly work. A ballot vote could also work, if appropriate controls were implemented.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.