The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Part 2 RP Practice Test Exam vs. ParlQuest

Larry R.

I am preparing for the Part 2 exam to earn my RP. I have ParlQuest but have also heard that the 30-day practice exams from NAP are also helpful. Has anyone recently done the Part 2 exam and used both the Part 2 Practice exam and ParlQuest to prepare and if so, is there really any value in acquiring the Part 2 practice exam from NAP if I already have ParlQuest? Doesn't ParlQuest essentially provide multiple practice exams just as the Part 2 practice exam from NAP does or is there an additional advantage to utilizing the Practice exams from NAP in conjunction with ParlQuest? Thanks.

I used ParlQuest and didn't feel anything was lacking.  I don't know anything about the Part 2 practice exam but I can't imagine I would have wanted any more than I got.  I would add that it's a general failing, in my opinion, that preparation for all NAP exams consists mostly of looking at the question pool.  In my perfect world, the NAP would tell us what the exams cover, but not release its actual question pools.  Then we'd need to actually understand to prepare for the tests, not just try our best to memorize the answers.  Or, at least, discourage that by making people pass the whole thing at once.  But ::jazz hands:: that's show business, baby.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.