The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Committees

Guest Doug C

I have a question about committees. our by-laws say that president can establish committees of up to 4 members one of whom may be the president as ex-officio if not otherwise appointed to the committee. Five people constitute a quorum for our board. If the president establishes a committee of only three people, can the board members take just randomly take it up to four people or does the committee always need to remain at the number the president originally set?

1 minute ago, Guest Doug C said:

I have a question about committees. our by-laws say that president can establish committees of up to 4 members one of whom may be the president as ex-officio if not otherwise appointed to the committee. Five people constitute a quorum for our board. If the president establishes a committee of only three people, can the board members take just randomly take it up to four people or does the committee always need to remain at the number the president originally set?

It is ultimately up to your organization to interpret its own rules, but I would note that all of the rules cited so far refer solely to the President, not the board (except for the fact that five members constitutes a quorum for the board), so unless there is something else in your bylaws on this subject I am skeptical of the idea that the board may expand the size of the committee.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.