The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Conflict Resolution Process

Guest NES

I have been on a board for several years.  Several situations have come up that needed conflict resolution and when I sought to get help with that through the property manager and through the president at the time my issue was disregarded as unimportant and conflict resolution was not engaged.

I would like the board to recognize that there is a process established for conflict resolution, and that we need to engage this process when it is needed.  

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can illustrate the importance of this to the board?

In the past, the sentiment I got was that I should handle it on my own (toughen up) and if I couldn’t, then I shouldn’t be on the board, and that people didn’t want to upset the other people on the board by calling out their wrongdoings... they would rather just let it slide by and go on with life, and not acknowledge the wrongdoings, or open dialogue to examine or correct it.

2 hours ago, Guest NES said:

I would like the board to recognize that there is a process established for conflict resolution, and that we need to engage this process when it is needed.  

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can illustrate the importance of this to the board?

No, not really. This isn’t really a question about RONR.

The only thing I can think of at the moment is that without such a process (whether it is formally adopted or handled by custom), presumably issues will continue to fester until they result in a member seeking disciplinary action against another, which presumably a board which doesn’t “want to upset the other people on the board by calling out their wrongdoings” would not find to be desirable.

Edited by Josh Martin

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.