The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Consent Agenda

Byron Baxter

Could you please refer me to the proper pages in RONR for consent agenda. This is being proposed for a non profit board who has adopted RONR. RONR addresses consent calendar, but that seems to apply to conventions. The Standard Code of Parliamentary Procedure addresses consent agenda on pages 220-221, but the board's parliamentary authority is RONR. The National Council of Nonprofits recommends consent agenda and publishes a three page document of explanation, but has no authority over the board. Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Byron Baxter said:

Could you please refer me to the proper pages in RONR for consent agenda. This is being proposed for a non profit board who has adopted RONR. RONR addresses consent calendar, but that seems to apply to conventions. 

A “consent calendar” is the same thing as a consent agenda and is discussed in RONR, 11th ed., pg. 361. Its use is not limited to conventions. I’m not sure why you thought it was, since the first sentence of the paragraph lists several types of assemblies, and a convention is not one of them.

”Legislatures, city, town, or county councils, or other assemblies which have a heavy work load including a large number of routine or noncontroversial matters may find a consent calendar a useful tool for disposing of such items of business.” (RONR, 11th ed., pg. 361)

Edited by Josh Martin

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.