The Official RONR Q & A Forums

New Member Question

Mike Phillips

First, I'm a new member to the forum, and let me say, it's a fantastic resource. The sharing of information here is very much appreciated. I'm hoping to eventually obtain registration, but for now, I'm a sponge.

Second, a lot of the regulars here cut and paste excerpts from RONR. Is there an online version or a CD version available? It would be very helpful to be able to do keyword searches.

Thanks!

17 minutes ago, Mike Phillips said:

Second, a lot of the regulars here cut and paste excerpts from RONR. Is there an online version or a CD version available? It would be very helpful to be able to do keyword searches.

Yes, there is a CD-ROM of the 11th edition available through the website and also from NAP (The National Association of Parliamentarians).  It is designed for PC's, though, not MAC's.  There may be conversion programs available.  I have it and love it and use it daily.  The search function makes all the difference in the world.  Depending on who you order it from, the cost is about $65.  I know that is the member price from NAP as I just ordered one or two on consignment for our upcoming Louisiana Association of Parliamentarians Biennial Meeting and Workshops, which is this weekend. 

Here is a link to the home page of this website where it is mentioned.  You can follow the links for more information.  http://www.robertsrules.com/

A (possible) heads up:  Years and years ago (when there were wolves in Wales) and RONR/11 was brand new, there was a brief shining moment when the book was available on Kindle from Amazon. I snagged a copy, but alas no more. 

So when RONR/12 arrives (a year or two?), watch for the possibility -- who knows?

14 hours ago, jstackpo said:

A (possible) heads up:  Years and years ago (when there were wolves in Wales) and RONR/11 was brand new, there was a brief shining moment when the book was available on Kindle from Amazon. I snagged a copy, but alas no more. 

You are not alone.  There was also a brief period when RONRIB 1st ed. was snaggable, but unfortunately all its references are to RONR 10th ed.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.