The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Appropriate Consent Calendar Items

Guest Richard S

Should a Consent Calendar include items which need not be adopted by the board? For example, if a committee was providing a report that need only be received, would it be appropriate to include the committee's report as part of the Consent Calendar?

12 minutes ago, Guest Richard S said:

Should a Consent Calendar include items which need not be adopted by the board?

No. 

13 minutes ago, Guest Richard S said:

For example, if a committee was providing a report that need only be received, would it be appropriate to include the committee's report as part of the Consent Calendar?

No.

I need to bring this post to the attention of my city council.  It has long irritated me that their consent agenda contains reports which should not be part of a consent calendar.  For just one example, the consent agenda contains an item for reports by the mayor, CAO and department heads.  At that point the Mayor usually makes a five to ten minute speech on whatever he wants to talk about.... usually things like tax receipts, new business openings, upcoming public events,  reports of sweeps by Code Enforcement officers, etc. 

I've brought this to the attention of the Council president, but they seem reluctant to change anything.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.