The Official RONR Q & A Forums

e-meetings

Tomm

I would like to recommend making the allowance of e-meetings put into our corporate Bylaws, and it does appear that they are allowed for non-profits in our state, Arizona.

I see that RONR recommends considering and addressing a few of the issues, (and I can see where several more are required) but all the example Bylaws I've researched only address a short paragraph that allows e-meetings in a very general manner with no real extended list of "must's" or "shall's" or details. I'm wondering if the Bylaws should only make the allowance for e-meetings and all the details of the "must's" or "shall's" should be placed in a set of Standing Rules? Is that how it's normally done?

15 hours ago, Tomm said:

I see that RONR recommends considering and addressing a few of the issues, (and I can see where several more are required) but all the example Bylaws I've researched only address a short paragraph that allows e-meetings in a very general manner with no real extended list of "must's" or "shall's" or details. I'm wondering if the Bylaws should only make the allowance for e-meetings and all the details of the "must's" or "shall's" should be placed in a set of Standing Rules? Is that how it's normally done?

How it’s “normally” done is the assembly says that “e-meetings” are authorized and gives no further thought to the matter. :)

As RONR notes, however, “Various additional rules (in the bylaws, special rules of order, standing rules, or instructions to a committee, as appropriate) may also be necessary or advisable regarding the conduct of electronic meetings” (RONR, 11th ed., pg. 99)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.