The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Trial Question

Guest Mum

9 hours ago, Guest Mum said:

They do not say anything about discipline, besides how to remove a single board member, or the entire board.

Then follow those procedures.

7 hours ago, Guest Zev said:

Please quote the bylaws concerning the term of office for board members. The exact language, if you please. This is important because that language will determine if a formal trial will be required or whether simply electing new board members would be sufficient.

I don’t know if the term of office is relevant since we are told that the bylaws say “how to remove a single board member, or the entire board.” It seems to me the rules in the bylaws take precedence.

Of course, if the bylaws themselves establish a procedure for removal from office, that procedure must be followed.” (FAQ #20)

1 hour ago, Josh Martin said:

I don’t know if the term of office is relevant since we are told that the bylaws say “how to remove a single board member, or the entire board.”

Perhaps I misunderstood Guest Mum as saying that the bylaws did not contain any words related to discipline or any words about the removal of board members. Given this, I considered that the wording in the bylaws about the term of office would determine whether a formal trial would be needed or not.

17 hours ago, Guest Zev said:

Perhaps I misunderstood Guest Mum as saying that the bylaws did not contain any words related to discipline or any words about the removal of board members. Given this, I considered that the wording in the bylaws about the term of office would determine whether a formal trial would be needed or not.

If this in fact correct, then I agree. I interpreted the OP’s post as meaning that there were no provisions regarding discipline other than rules concerning the removal of a board member (or of the entire board). Perhaps the OP can clarify.

Edited by Josh Martin

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.