The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Can any member, including an executive board member, submit a review of the bylaws?

Guest KDRREPTG

Sure, why not? However, many societies on occasion have special rules that describe a process that must be followed in order for an amendment to be adopted. Very small societies allow amendments from the floor at any meeting given previous notice and a two-thirds vote. Other societies require a review by a bylaws committee, while others require a review by the board of directors. All such processes would be stipulated in the society's bylaws. Please refer to your society's bylaws for any such process or requirements.

13 hours ago, Guest KDRREPTG said:

Can any member, including the President, of a nonprofit, suggest amendments to the bylaws?

Any member, Yes.  But it is rare, yet possible, that in some organizations, the President may not actually be a member.

Edited by Gary Novosielski

19 hours ago, Guest KDRREPTG said:

Can any member, including the President, of a nonprofit, suggest amendments to the bylaws?

I concur with my colleagues, but I would note that in such a case, the President should relinquish the chair during consideration of the amendments, since he has shown himself to be partial on this question.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.