The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Member issues

CB2

What is the proper way to handle a membership issue? I know that they can have their membership taken it away. 

A little backstory is they wrote a very nasty unacceptable letter to the board members and it does not follow our code of ethics.

Every member is held to follow our code of ethics. How do we handle the situation?

Our bylaws do not state specifically how to handle something like this? 

CB2

Well, does your code of ethics not include any guidance on the penalties for violating it?  RONR has no specific recommendations with respect to codes of ethics, but Chapter XX contains a detailed procedure for handling discipline in a variety of cases.  It's a little much to quote here.   

I would note that one person's "nasty and unacceptable" is often another person's "airing of valid concerns". 

1 hour ago, CB2 said:

What is the proper way to handle a membership issue? I know that they can have their membership taken it away. 

A little backstory is they wrote a very nasty unacceptable letter to the board members and it does not follow our code of ethics.

Every member is held to follow our code of ethics. How do we handle the situation?

Our bylaws do not state specifically how to handle something like this? 

Follow the disciplinary procedures in your bylaws, or if those rules are silent, see Ch. XX of RONR.

No it doesn't include any penalties for violations to members. 

So I will check out chapter xx,, thank you.  

No, I’m pretty sure if I put it on here everyone would think it was nasty, disrespectful & unacceptable to say the least.

These weren’t airing of concerns they were personal attracts about thing like someone weight and things like that   

Thank  you for the information. 

CB2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.