The Official RONR Q & A Forums
Sign in to follow this  
reb

Board made decision for new way to get majority vote

Because the group of people declared themselves an association  They did not have 51% to favor them ! no by-laws written !

A water-bill proxy came to ones home stated no reply the proxy would be used as they desired.

Acting association sent out proxy requesting approval of their private written by-laws be approved and adopted.

The lack of response to proxy gave them favor votes !  Now they declared that their by-laws were now adopted!  

Even years after they amended that by-law and again without a favor support of majority members !

Is this legal? By-laws can be forced on members ? 

I think even using the forceful proxy had to be approved in a majority voted set of by-laws first ! 

What is your take on this subject ? Does association need to start from scratch on the beginning of By-laws

Thank you! Yes I know it is nuts ! But a Judge in court ruled they were an legal association .

Strange this board wrote they used Robert Rules!

So now we have to deal with by-laws !

By-laws written to give them a endless time as officer of the Board .

and to give there reason that another person can not take office ! 

America In The Dark ! This crap goes on ! 

I recall previous threads that have touched on this situation, including the fact that a judge said that things were okay the way they had been done.

It would appear let you wish to challenge the judicial ruling. You will need to speak with the lawyer about that.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this