The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Special Committee of a Mass Meeting not Sharing Minutes

Guest Sahil

I am the chair of a series of mass meetings and we have created a transition committee that is supposed to make some prescribed preparations. I have requested that the committee share their minutes with me and any other member of the series of mass meetings but have been refused access. It was my understanding that committee minutes were supposed to be shared with any member of the parent body upon request as per RONR pg 460 line 6. 

52 minutes ago, Guest Sahil said:

I am the chair of a series of mass meetings and we have created a transition committee that is supposed to make some prescribed preparations. I have requested that the committee share their minutes with me and any other member of the series of mass meetings but have been refused access. It was my understanding that committee minutes were supposed to be shared with any member of the parent body upon request as per RONR pg 460 line 6. 

The rule is actually the opposite of what you say. See p. 460, ll. 18-20: Records kept by boards and committees are "accessible to members of the boards or committees but to no others (but see p. 487, ll. 13–20)."

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.